The Scottish economy is increasingly dependent on the efficient and cost effective movement of freight, connecting products to markets nationally and internationally.
The freight industry also plays a significant role in ensuring that fresh food and other essential commodities are available daily in our shops and supermarkets, an essential service for all of Scotland.
Transport Scotland works with partners in the freight sector to develop efficiencies and support sustainable practices.
Grants, research and professional contacts provide the Scottish freight network with the tools to develop their industry.
We're working with private and public sector bodies to provide the tools that:
- Minimise the impact of freight movements on the environment - particularly emissions and noise
- Enhance Scotland's competitiveness
- Maintain and improve the accessibility of rural and remote areas
- Ensure freight transport policy integration
- Support the development of the freight industry in Scotland