A96 Inveramsay Bridge
The improvement work has removed a bottleneck, easing congestion on the A96 at Inveramsay Bridge.
The new road, including a new bridge, opened to road users in March 2016.
The £10.2m investment delivered approximately 1.5 km of new road, including a new bridge that enables the A96 trunk road to be realigned over the Aberdeen to Inverness railway. It also includes an underpass to provide farm access.
The new section of A96 trunk road circumnavigates a low head room railway bridge where traffic signals were required to allow vehicles to pass under the structure safely.
The project has eliminated the possibility of bridge strikes at this location and has also improved traffic flow as the traffic signals are no longer required on A96.
The road was opened to road users in March 2016.
Transport Scotland held a Route Options Exhibition on 27 & 28 October 2011 at Inverurie Golf Club to present the four potential route options being developed for the scheme.
Following completion of the Route Options assessment process, Option C was identified as the preferred option to be taken forward for construction.
Following the publication of the Draft Order material, Transport Scotland held Public exhibitions of the A96 Inveramsay Bridge proposals in Huntly (18 April 2013) and Inverurie (19 April 2013).
An Environmental Impact assessment was undertaken and the Environmental Statement was published along with the Draft Statutory Road Order material (see below)
Draft orders and the Associated Environmental Statement were published on 11 April 2013.
Environmental Statement and Non-Technical Summary
- Non - Technical Summary
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - The Proposed Scheme
- Chapter 3 - Scoping and Consultation
- Chapter 4 - Assessment Methodology
- Chapter 5 - Landscape
- Chapter 6 - Nature Conservation
- Chapter 7 - Cultural Heritage
- Chapter 8 - Community and Private Assets
- Chapter 9 - Geology and Soils
- Chapter 10 - Road Drainage and the Water Environment
- Chapter 11 - Air Quality
- Chapter 12- Noise and Vibration
- Chapter 13 - Cumulative Assessment
- Chapter 14 - Summary of Effects and Mitigation
- Chapter 15 - Schedule of Environmental Commitments
- Appendix Part 1
- Appendix Part 2
- Appendix part 3
Order material as Made was published on 31 October 2013
- Environmental Statement – Decision to Proceed
Decision to Proceed
- The A96 Trunk Road (Inveramsay Bridge) (Trunk and Detrunking) Order 2013
Mainline Order Plan
- The A96 Trunk Road (Inveramsay Bridge) (Side Roads) Order 2013
Side Road Order
Side Road Order Plan
- The A96 Trunk Road (Inveramsay Bridge Improvement) Compulsory Purchase Order 2013
Compulsory Purchase Order
Compulsory Purchase Order Plan
For more information please contact:
Major Transport Infrastructure Projects (MTRIPS)
58 Port Dundas Road
Telephone: 0141 272 7100