- Improving the Efficiency of the Road Freight Sector- published 2007
- Freight Best Practice Winter Driving Tips - published 2011
- Freight Action Plan – Delivery Report - first published Aug 2009, re-instated June 2015
- Winter Tyres Cost Benefit Analysis - published 2011
- Scottish Multi-Modal Freight Locations Study - published 2009
- Inhibitors to the Growth of Rail Freight - published 2007
- MDS Transmodal Report - published 2002
- Moving Loads From Road to Rail - published 2008
- Freight Best Practice - Bad Weather Driving Advice - published 2011
- Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving (SAFED) for Vans - published 2009
- Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving (SAFED) for HGVs - published 2007
- Scottish Simulators (SCOTSIM) - published 2007
- The Scottish Road Haulage Modernisation Fund - published 2007
- HGV Drivers Schemes - published 2007
- Scottish Freight Data Report 2013
- Scottish Freight Data Report - published 2009.
- Measuring the Value of the Freight Transport Sector to the Scottish Economy (2006)
Freight Quality Partnerships
- A Guide for Regional Transport Partnerships and Local Authorities for establishing Freight Quality Partnerships
In 2012 Transport Scotland facilitated a networking event for the logistics industry aimed at getting goods moved by rail rather than road.
On 15 March 2010 we held a freight seminar for Local Authorities to help identify barriers, and steps to acheiving, carbon reduction.
In 2009 the Scottish Government hosted a seminar that identified barriers between local authority planners and the logistic industry, as well as the steps to overcome these barriers.