Transport Scotland Corporate Plan 2006-2008 SUMMARY
Transport Scotland Corporate Plan 2006-2008
Transport Scotland was established in January 2006 as an executive agency of the Scottish Executive. Its purpose is to support delivery of the Scottish Executiveâ€™s vision for sustainable transport in Scotland, making a real difference for people and businesses using the national rail and road systems.
THIS CORPORATE PLAN:
- Explains the role of Transport Scotland in the context of transport as a whole.
- Sets out the roles and responsibilities of each of the Directorates, which cover strategy and investment, rail, trunk roads and corporate services.
- Details the high-level expenditure allocated to Transport Scotland to deliver during 2006â€”2008.
- Sets Aims, Objectives and Targets for the period 2006â€”2008, and starts to scan the horizon beyond that.
- Sets out our broader corporate policies and commitments on open government, efficiency, equalities and the environment.
- Explains how we will deliver this Plan and report on our success.
TRANSPORT SCOTLAND OPERATES ON THE BASIS OF FIVE CORE WORKING PRINCIPLES:
- Strive to become a centre of excellence in transport delivery, both nationally and internationally.
- Promote transport integration.
- Maintain a clear outward focus on the needs of transport users.
- Work in partnership with other transport providers and wider government in our planning and delivery.
- Make the most efficient use of public resources, and equip our staff to do the best possible job.