Road users are advised that the A725 northbound will be closed overnight between Raith Junction (including Raith Underpass) and Strathclyde Business Park on-slip road for five nights, between 8pm and 6am from Monday 19 October.
These closures have been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption to traffic and are required to ensure road user and road worker safety whilst essential road surfacing and bridge joint works are undertaken. The road will re-open at 6am each morning.
As a result, the following slips roads will also be closed:
- A725 northbound on-slip road from Raith roundabout
- A725 northbound on-slip road from Orbiston Junction
- A725 northbound on-slip road from Bellziehill Junction
Signed diversions will be in place as follows:
- Diversion 1 - Motorway traffic: via the A725 northbound Raith Junction off-slip to A7071 Bellshill Road northbound, take free-flow on-slip road to M74 northbound at Junction 5 Raith, continue M74 northbound to Junction 4 Maryville Link Road to join the M73 northbound and continue to Junction 2 Baillieston off-slip to Baillieston roundabout. Edinburgh bound traffic should follows signs for M8 eastbound. A725 traffic should take 1st exit on Baillieston roundabout and continue on the A8(M) westbound Edinburgh Road to Swinton roundabout, the A8(M) eastbound Coatbridge Road to Bargeddie roundabout to join the A8 eastbound at Shawhead Junction off-slip and return to A725.
- Diversion 2 - Non-motorway traffic: via the A725 northbound Raith Junction off-slip to A7071 Bellshill Road southbound for B7071 and continue onto Main Street Bothwell & Uddingston to A721 Junction with New Edinburgh Road. Continue north on A721 New Edinburgh Road and return to A725 Bellziehill Junction.
- For A725 northbound Raith Junction on-slip road: motorway traffic via 5th exit on Raith roundabout for M74 northbound at Junction 5 Raith on-slip road and follow diversion 1 above. Non-motorway traffic via 4th exit on Raith roundabout for A7071 and follow diversion 2 above.
- For A725 northbound on-slip road closure at Orbiston Junction: via A725 southbound on-slip road and continue on A725 southbound to off-slip for Raith roundabout. Motorway traffic via diversion 1 above and non-motorway traffic via diversion 2 above.
- For A725 northbound on-slip road closure at Bellziehill Junction: via first exit on Bellziehill roundabout to A721 eastbound Gartcosh Walk, B7070 North Road and continue to A725.
These works will be carried out by Scottish Road Partnership on behalf of Transport Scotland to maintain the integrity and safety of this route. The works have been planned in consultation with Transport Scotland, Traffic Scotland, the emergency services, North Lanarkshire Council and South Lanarkshire Council.
Please note, all works are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
For live traffic updates, please visit the Traffic Scotland website.
If you have any enquiries regarding these works, please contact us on 0800 042 0188 or email@example.com.