The next phase in the delivery of the project, the construction of two junctions, is progressing. These junctions will, upon project completion, connect the new carriageway to the existing A92 and A96 enabling road users to bypass the Haudagain Roundabout.
As much of this work will continue to be carried out near to, or on the road itself, traffic restrictions will continue during this time on the A92 and A96 in the vicinity of the Haudagain Roundabout for the safety of both road users and road workers.
These restrictions will include contraflows, lane closures and speed restrictions with construction work being carried out in a number of stages. We would advise road users to plan ahead, allow extra time for your journey and approach the traffic management layouts with care. An update is provided below:
A92 North Anderson Drive
8 January 2021
- From Friday 8 January 2021, both lanes of the northbound carriageway were closed overnight and a contraflow system allowing one lane of traffic flow in each direction was put into operation on the southbound carriageway, for approximately 19 weeks. This current contraflow system remains in place. A 30mph speed restriction will be in place with a further reduction to 10mph at crossover locations.
A96 Auchmill Road
4 May 2021
- The A96 carriageway in both directions was closed overnight from 7pm until 7am to allow the contraflow system to be removed and new traffic management arrangements to be set up. A signed diversion was in place.
5 May 2021
- Lane 1 and 2 of the eastbound carriageway will be closed with lane 3 open to eastbound traffic. A 30mph speed restriction will be in place on the eastbound carriageway. Both lanes on the westbound carriageway will be open to traffic. This traffic management arrangement will be in place for approximately four weeks.
- The entrance road to the retail units from the eastbound carriageway on A96 Auchmill Road will be closed with the exit road operating as both the access and egress to these retail units for the duration of the traffic management arrangements.
Local traffic management
- Manor Drive is permanently closed at its junction with the A96 Auchmill Road and signage is in place.
- Access/egress to Manor Avenue at the junction with A92 North Anderson Drive is closed. Signage is in place.
- Access from Clifton Road and Hilton Drive on to the A92 will be closed. Signage will be in place.
- From December 2020 there have been changes made to the local First Bus Services - 23, 8A and X27. Passengers should check the First Bus website for further information.