The next phase in the delivery of the project, the construction of two junctions, is progressing. These junctions will, upon project completion, connect the new carriageway to the existing A92 and A96 enabling road users to bypass the Haudagain Roundabout.
As much of this work will continue to be carried out near to, or on the road itself, traffic restrictions will continue during this time on the A92 and A96 in the vicinity of the Haudagain Roundabout for the safety of both road users and road workers.
These restrictions will include contraflows, lane closures and speed restrictions with construction work being carried out in a number of stages. We would advise road users to plan ahead, allow extra time for your journey and approach the traffic management layouts with care. An update is provided below:
A92 North Anderson Drive
- From Friday 8 January, both lanes of the northbound carriageway will be closed and a contraflow system allowing one lane of traffic flow in each direction will be in operation on the southbound carriageway, for approximately 12 weeks. Road users should note that a 30mph speed restriction will be in place with a further reduction to 10mph at crossover locations.
A96 Auchmill Road
- From 9 November the westbound carriageway will be closed and a contraflow system will be in operation for approximately 12 weeks, with one lane of traffic flow in each direction. Road users should note that a 30mph speed restriction is in place with a further reduction to 10mph at crossover locations.
Local traffic management
- Manor Drive is permanently closed at its junction with the A96 Auchmill Road and signage is in place.
- Access/egress to Manor Avenue at the junction with A92 North Anderson Drive is closed. Signage is in place.
- Access from Clifton Road and Hilton Drive on to the A92 will be closed. Signage will be in place.
- There will be changes to the local First Bus Services - 23, 8A and X27. Passengers should check the First Bus website for further information.