The next phase in the delivery of the project, the construction of two junctions, is progressing. These junctions will, upon project completion, connect the new carriageway to the existing A92 and A96 enabling road users to bypass the Haudagain Roundabout.
As much of this work will continue to be carried out near to, or on the road itself, traffic restrictions will continue during this time on the A92 and A96 in the vicinity of the Haudagain Roundabout for the safety of both road users and road workers.
These restrictions will include contraflows, lane closures and speed restrictions with construction work being carried out in a number of stages. We would advise road users to plan ahead, allow extra time for your journey and approach the traffic management layouts with care. An update is provided below:
A92 North Anderson Drive
16 July 2021
- From 16 July, both lanes of the southbound carriageway will be closed and a contraflow system allowing one lane of traffic flow in each direction will be in operation on the northbound for approximately eight weeks. Road users should note that a 30mph speed restriction will be in place with a further reduction to 10mph at crossover locations.
A96 Auchmill Road
20 July 2021
- Lane 2 and 3 of the eastbound carriageway will be closed with lane 1 open to eastbound traffic. Lane 2 of the westbound carriageway will be closed with lane 1 open to westbound traffic. Road users should note that a 30mph speed restriction will be in place in both directions. The traffic management will be in place for approximately six weeks.
Local traffic management
- Manor Drive is permanently closed at its junction with the A96 Auchmill Road and signage is in place.
- Access/egress at Hilton Drive, Clifton Road and Manor Avenue at its junction with A92 North Anderson Drive is closed. Signage is in place.
- The current changes to the local First Bus Services - 23, 8A and X27 will continue to remain. Passengers should check the First Bus website for further information.