The next phase in the delivery of the project has commenced with the construction of two junctions. These junctions will, upon project completion, connect the new carriageway to the existing A96 and A92 enabling road users to bypass the Haudagain Roundabout.
There will be a number of traffic restrictions in place during this time on the A92 and A96 in the vicinity of the Haudagain Roundabout for the safety of both road users and road workers, as much of this work will be carried out near to, or on the road itself.
These restrictions will include contraflows, lane closures and speed restrictions. We would advise road users to plan ahead, allow extra time for your journey and approach the new traffic management layouts with care.
The construction work will be carried out in a number of stages with traffic management anticipated to be ongoing into next year.
A96 Auchmill Road
- From 9 November, a contraflow system will be in operation for approximately 12 weeks. Road users should note that a 30mph speed restriction will be in place with a further reduction to 10mph at crossover locations.
A92 North Anderson Drive
- Lane one will be closed on the northbound carriageway, from Monday 23 November for approximately 7 weeks.
Local traffic management
- Manor Drive is permanently closed at its junction with the A96 Auchmill Road and signage is in place.
- Access/egress to Manor Avenue at the junction with A92 North Anderson Drive will be closed from 12 October 2020 as works continue into next year.
- There will be changes to the local First Bus Services - 23, 8A and X27. Passengers should check the First Bus website for further information.