Road users are advised that the M8 eastbound carriageway will be closed for three nights, commencing Wednesday 10 August 2022, for essential carriageway resurfacing and maintenance works.
The M8 eastbound carriageway between Junction 11 Stepps and Junction 8 Baillieston Interchange will be closed overnight from 8pm on the days below to 6 am the following day:
- Wednesday 10 August 2022
- Thursday 11 August 2022
- Friday 12 August 2022
As a result, the following slip roads will also be closed:
- M8 eastbound Junction 11 Stepps on slip road
- M8 eastbound Junction 10 Easterhouse (Glasgow Fort) off slip road
- M8 eastbound Junction 10 Easterhouse (Glasgow Fort) on slip road
- M8 eastbound Junction 9 Springhill/Easterhouse off slip road
- M8 eastbound Junction 8 Baillieston off slip for A8 Coatbridge & A89
- M8 eastbound Junction 8 Baillieston Link Road to M73 southbound (High Loop) for M74 & Carlisle
Signed diversion routes will be in place and the road will reopen at 6am each morning.
The closures are required to ensure road user and road worker safety whilst essential carriageway resurfacing and maintenance works are undertaken and have been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption to traffic.
The works will be carried out by Scottish Roads Partnership on behalf of Transport Scotland to maintain the integrity and safety of this route and have been planned in consultation with Police Scotland, Transport Scotland, Traffic Scotland, Glasgow City Council and the emergency services.
Please note, all works are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
If you have any enquiries regarding the works, please contact us on 0800 042 0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Real-time journey information can be obtained from Traffic Scotland, or on Twitter: @TrafficScotland