Motorists are advised that a series of traffic restrictions will be in place between Friday 8 November and Monday 2 December on the A8 westbound between the Bargeddie roundabout and Swinton roundabout, to allow essential bridge joint repair works to be undertaken.
Commencing Friday 8 November the A8 westbound between the Bargeddie roundabout and Swinton roundabout will be closed for four consecutive weekends. The weekend closures will be in place on the following times and dates:
- 8pm Friday 8 November until 6am Monday 11 November 2019
- 8pm Friday 15 November until 6am Monday 18 November 2019
- 8pm Friday 22 November until 6am Monday 25 November 2019
- 8pm Friday 29 November until 6am Monday 2 December 2019
Signed diversion routes will be in place during the weekend closures including one for non-motorway traffic.
In addition to the weekend closures, the A8 westbound Coatbridge Road between the Bargeddie roundabout and Swinton roundabout will be reduced to a single lane on weekdays during the following times and dates:
- 6am Monday 11 November until 8pm Friday 15 November 2019
- 6am Monday 18 November until 8pm Friday 22 November 2019
- 6am Monday 25 November until 8pm Friday 29 November 2019
These restrictions are necessary to protect road users and the workforce during these essential bridge maintenance works.