In line with the Scottish Government, Transport Scotland is an equal opportunities employer offering equal pay for doing equal work or work of equal value.
For detailed information about pensions and benefits, see the Work for Scotland website.
Transport Scotland offers competitive salary, flexi-time, and a progressive health and welfare programme.
We also offer Emergency leave, Maternity/Paternity/Adoption leave, and a generous annual leave package.
Our excellent benefits include:
- flexible working practices
- a choice of pension schemes
- 25 days holiday per annum rising to 30 after 5 years service plus 11 ½ days public and privilege holidays taken at fixed times during the year. Pro rota for part time.
- first class career development through a structured programme of training and skills enhancement – we are an Investor in People
- interest free travel season ticket loans
- modern offices and excellent IT support and facilities
- interchange and secondment opportunities
Equal opportunities employer
Our aim is to eliminate discrimination and unfair treatment on the grounds of irrelevant difference, including those characteristics protected by the law.
Protected characteristics are:
- gender re-assignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion and belief
- sexual orientation
Equal pay policy
The Scottish Government is an equal opportunities employer and all staff should be treated equally irrespective of their sex, marital/civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, working pattern, employment status, gender identity (transgender), caring responsibility, or trade union membership, and receive equal pay for doing equal work or work of equal value.
With this in mind the Scottish Government will operate a pay and reward system which is transparent, based on objective criteria and free from bias.