A75 traffic controls within Springholm: EIR release
1. Details of the time delays now operating at the Springholm A75 eastbound and westbound entering and exiting channel signals between initial detection of a speeding approaching vehicle and the commencement of presentation of the amber signal preceding red. If this delay varies according to signal approach location, time of day, traffic volumes etc., please give the respective periods and reasons for the variation.
2. Please confirm that the inductive loops installed in the carriageway surface at Faulds Cottage serve as the sole triggering provision for presenting red halt signals to speeding drivers in the eastbound channel at the frontage of our property Springholm House and its associated paddock and also still
transmit speed data from both channels there to ATC SH4.
3. When were these VAS calibrations last checked for conformity of reaction to speeding at each village?
4. Why are these VAS units set to different values at Crocketford with the Springholm units set to ignore all speeding below 33mph.
5. We wish to know the present trigger speed values of all Crocketford and Springholm A75 VAS units.
6. We also request disclosure of any written communication which refers, suggest or requests a reduction in red trigger activation frequency here as a prerequisite to obtaining any such approval. Have you received any such communication.
7. Which residential trunk road streets in Scotland are currently designated as 20mph limits either on a trial or permanent basis?
8. What records have you inherited of these stalled Springholm/Crocketford bypass plans?
9. "A75 Speed Management Measures Residents' Survey - Was this report ever shared with Police Scotland? If so, when and at what level within Police Scotland was the report shared? What, if any, was the Police Scotland formal response to Transport Scotland in respect of the villagers' reported demand for speed enforcement?
10. Traffic speed data from each of the four traffic count/classifiers (ATCs) along the village A75 between 1 June 2021 and the latest available date for which data is available, giving at each channel location data in a format which will permit the dates, times, locations and directions it was gathered at to be determined and specifying the commencing and ending time of each data set.
11. Data from fixed equipment along the village A75 between 1 June 2021 and the latest available date from which Transport Scotland and/or its contractors determine both the number of red stop signal triggers and the respective numbers of drivers in compliance/non-compliance with stop signals presented to the traffic flow by the reverse speed discrimination traffic signals. Please present the data in a format which will permit the dates, times, locations and directions it was gathered at to be determined and specify the commencing and ending time of each data set.
12. Are we still so categorised? If not when was this invidious UAP status ended? We have heard nothing since our attempts to have this lifted were thwarted. If still current, is it still indefinite with no pending review in prospect?
13. At this time how many correspondents remain restricted under the application of UAP? Of these how many are road safety related?