Inspection and maintenance of the A83 trunk road: EIR release
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act relating to a road your authority is responsible for maintaining.
Specifically, my query relates to the A83 on the Rest and be Thankful.
Please can you send me:
- A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
- A copy of the road repair history for that road over the past year. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
- dates of all safety inspections between 19 May 2017 and the 14 July 2017.
- details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc).
- details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time.
- details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between. the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
Full response and associated documentation available at: