Maintenance of M8 westbound Kingston Bridge: FOI release
The M8 westbound Kingston Bridge carriageway between junction 18 – 20 west bound.
- A copy of your current road maintenance policy relating to that road. Please send me the full policy, but this should include details of the intended frequency of road safety inspections, how these inspections should be conducted and the maximum time between identification of a defect and repairs being carried out.
- A copy of the road repair history (including all minor temporary infills or repairs) for that road from 7 Dec 2017 until 19 Dec 2017. Again, please send me the full road repair history, but this should include:
- dates of all safety inspections between 7 Dec 2017 and 19 Dec 2017
- details of how safety inspections were undertaken (walked or driven, speed of inspection vehicle etc)
- details of all carriageway defects identified, with description, date and time
- details of how the authority handled these defects, what repairs were undertaken and the time between the identification of each defect and a repair being carried out.
- Please could you also provide me with details of all temporary closures or restriction by Scotland TranServ or Police Scotland (relating to carriageway issues, not accidents) applied to the outside lane on the Kingston Bridge regardless of the reasons for the temporary closures between the above dates.
Full response and associated documentation available at: