1. Do Transport Scotland, or its contractors, have the means to check and record a contractor's compliance with the National Highways Sector Schemes before and after award of contract?
If so, would it be possible to give us the following information:
2. Details of all contracts awarded on behalf of each Transport Scotland Area for the last four years issued under the NHSS Sector Scheme contracts
3. Details how many of these contracts have been awarded to accredited and NHSS compliant organisations?
4. How many of these contracts have been awarded to non-NHSS accredited and non-compliant organisation, via contractors retained to carry out more extensive works?
5. Confirmation of your, or your contractors, audit requirements to ensure that such contracts are issued to NHSS accredited and compliant companies.
6. How many times have non-compliant products, and companies who offer such products, been used on contracts awarded in each Transport Scotland Area?
7. How many times have “repeat companies” who liquidate and offer no protection or further warranty to the client been used on contracts awarded in each Transport Scotland Area?
8. How many times Part 1 Claims have been paid due to the above?"
A further clarification confirmed that, in relation to point 2 above, you required the following specific details of each scheme/contract:
• Size (£ value) of the Fencing content if possible, if not overall value.
• Type of Fencing
• Main Contractor (Plus Fencing sub-Contractor if known)
• Any check on the NHSS accreditation of the Fencing Contractor used?