About the task force
The Ardrossan Task Force is coordinated by Transport Scotland and is co-chaired by the Minister for Transport, Fiona Hyslop and Councillor Marie Burns of North Ayrshire Council.
The remit of the group is to improve the operational effectiveness of Ardrossan Harbour in supporting the lifeline ferry services and the new vessel on the Arran route.
The Task Force is expected to meet every six months or earlier if requested by project partners and/or Scottish Ministers.
Issues will be identified and progress reviewed including:
- works required to make the harbour operationally effective
- continuity of integrated services during period(s) of works
- possible ownership/lease and funding options
- the entry into service of the new vessel
While the primary focus of the task force will be on the above matters, they may also explore other options for improvement of the harbour and opportunities for wider economic impact. These wider improvements could include (but not exclusively):
- the location of the berth of vessels
- new and redeveloped passenger facilities, and
- commercial and industrial development in the wider harbour area
- The members of the taskforce are:
- North Ayrshire Council (NAC)
- Peel Ports Group (AHCL/Clydeport)
- Transport Scotland (TS)
- Caledonian Maritime Assets (CMAL)
- CalMac Ferries Ltd (CFL)
- Isle of Arran Ferry Committee (IOAFC)
- Kenneth Gibson MSP
Peel Ports Group Ltd are the statutory harbour authority and owner of Ardrossan harbour, and are responsible for day to day management of the port; including the delivery of the marine and landside infrastructure of the project.
Letter to Task Force members - November 2023
Letter to Task Force members - August 2023
Read the letter from the Transport Minister on the decision to pause procurement.