To minimise the impact of incidents on road users and the economy through an integrated, co-ordinated approach to safe partnership working.
- ensure due regard for personal safety and the safety of others throughout the co-ordination of the incident response
- co-operate, co-ordinate and collaborate to ensure effective and efficient partnership working between responders
- support other responders in achieving their objectives, ultimately contributing to timely carriageway re-opening
- establish effective leadership from each responders’ scene leader to
co-ordinate the incident response
- warn and inform with regular updates to control rooms on:
- incident management progress
- traffic management measures
- estimating accurate times for carriageway re-opening
- off network issues
- participate in timely debriefing with handover of control and scene transfer to appropriate partner responder
- identify, agree and allocate time bound actions to address emerging issues
- execute allocated actions
Roles and Responsibilities
The responding organisations’ individual roles and responsibilities are set out in the following pages.