Rail Franchise performance meeting minutes - 25 June 2015

Transport Scotland attendees: Oi Hang Chu (OHC), Calum Campbell (CC)
Scotrail attendees: John McLachlan (JM), Peter O’Connell (PO)
Transport Scotland apologies: Andrew Mackie (AM), Donald Smith (DS), Paula Somerville (PS), Gary Bogan (GB)
ScotRail apologies: Rob Shorthouse (RS), Ian McConnell (IM)

1) Minutes of previous meeting:

There were no comments from the minutes of the previous meeting.

2) Actions arising from previous meeting

Structure of future Franchise Performance and Franchise Quarterly performance meetings: Meeting structure for all franchise meetings agreed. TS will be beginning to arrange all future meeting.

Provision of Schedule 13 information: To check if TS and SR have meet to agree how fleet availability statistics are monitored. OHC acknowledged that AM would be notified of this point. AP – TS

Business Plan status: SR informed that the Business Plan status is still not finalised as it is currently too early in the process.

Future KPI Reporting: TS informed that AM would contact SR on this point. AP – AM

National Event Calendar: on-going as SR and TS discuss its content. AP – RS

Results of review of Depot Condition Maintenance Programme and Station Condition Maintenance Programme (Period 6): outstanding with SR to advise TS when it knows the results. AP – SR

3) Service delivery performance (Schedule 7.1)

- Publication of Performance targets at stations

Andy Miller reviewing along with Right Time information. AP – SR

4) Service quality performance (Schedule 7.3):

SR indicated that since the Franchise change-over many granular incidents, not previously covered, are resulting in the picking up of extra points. SR informed that there is a huge focus internally to make sure these issues are handled to prevent these granular incidents adding up.

5) Financial obligations and undertakings (Schedule 12)

TS and SR Finance meeting held in which no issues arose.

6) Provision of Schedule 13 information

It was clarified by SR that the MTIN figure reflected the CO terms.

7) Summary of all Committed Obligations delivered to date

- Plan of CO’s to be delivered in the first year

PO advised that the amber/ red status is predominantly related to internal resourcing issues, and there are no issues with delivery.

8) Pending variations

CET - TS will share variation within next two weeks. AP – AM

9) Progress of Priced Options 2 (Stranraer) and 4 (Dunbar station)

Stranraer – progressing.

Dunbar - progress with transfer to SR planned on 1st July. SR will move in on the 30th June in preparation for launch. SR stated that there is a rebranding issue as SR are awaiting consent. This however has been progressed and acknowledged on the 12th June and is now a matter of waiting for consent to come through. Additionally, the outstanding issue of training was discussed as staff move from Tribute to STAR machines. SR will have people on site to ease the change over as well as local relief staff.

10) Business Plan update

Nil to report.

11) AOB

- Sleeper interface

Sleeper Interface – TS raised the subject of communication between SR and Serco.

OHC has a meeting with Serco regarding station enhancements and suggested setting up a wider meeting going forward with SR also attending. AP – TS

SR informed that conversations regarding station enhancements were taking place in the background with Serco but agreed the wider meeting would be useful to further co-ordinate.

Unit Diagrams – TS requested SR share unit diagrams when timetables change. AP – SR

Winchburgh Tunnel works – Paper Provided

SR provided an update on SR plans during the Winchburgh tunnel works and noted that SR’s customer plans have been very positive. In terms of communications, it appears the message about the tunnel closure was successfully delivered. A SR survey showed that regular commuters were well aware of the closure.

OHC queried if the works would impact on passengers travelling by rail to the Open Golf at St Andrews such as low ticket sales on SR’s golf link ticket? SR will respond to this when information is gathered. AP – SR

Control Rooms - SR are in the process of introducing the next generation of control rooms with a means of tracking all CO issues. JM suggested that he will arrange a walk-through of the Control Rooms at the next Franchise Performance meeting.

Published Date 25 Jun 2015 Type Mode of transport