- Allan Anderson (AA) Transport Scotland
- Andrew Mackie (part) (AM) Transport Scotland
- Calum Campbell (CC) Transport Scotland
- Sam Price (SP) ScotRail
- Nicola Dawson (ND) ScotRail
1) Minutes of Previous Meeting
Both parties confirmed they are content with the previous minute.
2) Actions Arising from Previous Meeting
06/17/FM, Schedule 13.2 'B' data
AM asked if it would be worthwhile having someone from TS shadow the process for collecting this data in an effort to encourage a more joined appreciation and awareness of source information being provided – AA will ensure RC is progressing – Action On-going.
57/17/FM, Franchise Variations
C320/4 variation will be added to the list. – Action On-going.
58/17/FM, Franchise Variations
The fares initiative will be made into a variation.– Action On-going.
AA noted that there was a large increase in the percentage of seats not provided stat when comparing Period 9 and 10 – 0.46% and 0.99% respectively. SR will provide comment on this. – ND informed that main reasons for this increase were the timetable change and fleet availability – Action Closed.
62/17/FM, Revenue Protection Activity
TS noted that the On Train figure had dropped significantly. SP will provide feedback on the reason for this. – SR reported that this was a reflection of disruption – Action Closed.
DS asked if SR could formally inform TS of relevant staff changes within the business. SR will look into this. – SP updated that SR are due to issue an updated handover pack that will notify of relevant staff changes – Action On-going.
3) Franchise Variations and Changes
To be discussed at upcoming Contracts meeting.
4) Franchise Performance and Planning
- The ScotRail PPM stands at 88.8% which is 2.8% worse than target. ScotRail PPM was 2.8% worse than Period 11 last year.
- ScotRail PPM MAA now stands at 90.13% which is 0.68% below improvement plan.
- AA noted that TS await the Performance Improvement Plan being created following the recommendations of the independent review.
- All cancellations are below benchmark in all sectors. The period cancellation figure came in at 1.39%.
- The period capacity figure came in at 0.59%. The overall capacity MAA in the period was 0.40%, and remains 0.60% below benchmark.
- AA noted that the Kestral capacity monitoring system has been updated and so expects to see an impact on express figures going forward.(not with-standing the loss of the 170 units). SR to update info in the next reporting pack. AP – SR
- AA noted that it was positive to see that given the May timetable uncertainty, SR are engaging with all RTPs.
5) Revenue Collection
- It was noted that all charts had reverted back to their standard trend following the impact of disruption on the previous period.
6) Rolling Stock
- SP will speak to CT regarding the update given in this section and ask that a high level summary is provided. AP – SR
7) Financial Obligations and Undertakings
- It was noted that, although improved, the ‘Complaints per 100k Journeys’ figure was still higher than desired.
8) SQUIRE/Service Delivery Performance
9) Franchise Obligations Overview
- SR confirmed they now have greater confidence in the level of updates being received. An end of year report is being worked through which will also further inform these CO updates.
Marketing & Sales
- Mobile App - ND will ensure that there is consistency in terms of Period numbering.
- Senior Smart meeting – It was noted that there is no date in the diary for this. SP will raise with MP.
- Post Meeting Note – SR clarified that this has already been arranged.
- AA gave thanks to SR for providing this and noted that there were some encouraging figures such as Kirkconnel.
- TS and ScotRail agreed both parties should consider suitable opportunities for joint communication where this is appropriate.
- AM reported that TS scored well in an internal audit, giving a positive reflection of both parties.
- AM highlighted that the Minister suggested that TS and SR partake in a routine weekly catch up regarding parliamentary issues. TS will consider with their comms team on Friday and inform SR. AP – TS