Appendix One: Road Safety Officer discussion guide
Your Call - Road Safety Unit
1. Information about
- Can you tell us of any secondary schools that have been
particularly active in their use of the resource – or used it in
- And any examples where there has been minimal use?
- What about special schools or colleges?
- Are there other bodies who use the resource in
your area? For example, outreach centres, fire service, or any others?
- Any particular schools or colleges you think we
should avoid? (why?)
- What is your perception of how the resource is used?
2. Knowledge and
- General views on Your Call
- What were your first reactions to this resource?
- How would you describe it to someone who hadn't
- Did you receive any training on this resource?
- How do you think it compares to other road
safety materials for young people?
3. Your role
- Did all the schools in your area receive a copy of Your
Call when it was first launched? (why/why not?)
- How was your road safety unit involved in promoting the resource locally?
- How was your road safety unit involved in distributing the resource locally?
- Was any training done with schools on the contents of the
- Did you receive any feedback at the time from staff (or
pupils) about the resource?
4 Format of the
- What did you think are the most effective parts of the
- Do you have any views on the
format or delivery of the resource?
- Is it the right tone, level and
content for the age group it is aimed at?
- Are there any parts of the
resource that you think could be improved or developed?
of the resource
- Do you think the Your Call resource is likely to affect the
behaviour of young people as passengers or pedestrians?
- Do you think there are other more effective ways to engage with
young people about road safety?
- Any other comments?