1. Source: Scottish Transport Statistics No 30: 2011 Edition
2. Eight week service during summer months has been provided since 2007.
3. Proposals for the Campbeltown service are subject to further discussion with Argyll & Bute Council.
4. The pilot will be evaluated against agreed success criteria.
5. Source: Scottish Transport Statistics No 30: 2011 Edition
6. The pilot will be evaluated against agreed success criteria.
7. A number of arrangements are in place to offer early morning sailings before 9 am.
8. We need to be mindful that only 34 residents of Lismore responded to the Draft Plan consultation.
9. The service also runs via Barra on a Thursday during the summer time-table period.
10. Recent enhancements include a Friday night sailing in summer and a direct sailing on a Tuesday and Saturday in winter.
11. The introduction of the new Stornoway-Ullapool vessel will lead to further consultation on the time-table.
12. The Environmental Report is available at http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/strategy-and-research/publications-and-consultations/j210731-00
13. Whales, dolphins and porpoises are collectively known as cetaceans.
14. Low Carbon Scotland: Meeting the Emissions Reduction Targets 2010-2022: The Report on Proposals and Policies
15. Subject to Scottish Government taking on responsibility for this service.
16. NB. early in 2013, a new EU Procurement Directive is expected to be published. While we do not know the detail as yet, it is likely that the Directive will have an impact on existing procurement processes and procedures.