Road users are advised that the M74 northbound carriageway between Junction 4 Maryville and Junction 2A Cambuslang will be closed overnight for thirteen nights, commencing Monday 17 July 2023, for essential carriageway resurfacing.
The works will take place as follows:
The M74 northbound carriageway between Junction 4 Maryville and Junction 2A Cambuslang will be closed overnight from 8pm to 6am on the following days:
- Monday 17 July to Friday 21 July (5 nights).
- Sunday 23 July to Wednesday 26 July (4 nights).
and from 10pm to 6am on the following days:
- Thursday 27 July and Friday 28 July (2 nights).
- Sunday 30 July and Monday 31 July (2 nights).
As a result, the following slip and link roads will also be closed:
- M73 southbound Link Road to M74 northbound at Junction 1 Maryville
- M74 northbound Junction 3A Daldowie on slip road
- M74 northbound Junction 3 Carmyle off slip road
- M74 northbound Junction 2A Cambuslang off slip road
The closures are essential to ensure road user and road worker safety whilst essential carriageway resurfacing works are undertaken. Works have been scheduled overnight to minimise disruption to road users.
Signed diversion routes will be in place and the road will reopen at 6am each morning. Road users are encouraged to plan ahead and check Traffic Scotland prior to travelling on these evenings to check their route.
The works will be carried out by Scottish Road Partnership on behalf of Transport Scotland to maintain the integrity and safety of this route. The works have been planned in consultation with Transport Scotland, Traffic Scotland, Glasgow City Council, Amey South West Unit and Police Scotland.
Please note, all works are weather dependent and may be cancelled or rescheduled if weather conditions are not favourable.
If you have any enquiries regarding these works, please contact us on 0800 042 0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Real-time journey information can be obtained by visiting the Traffic Scotland website or via Twitter: @TrafficScotland