Ardrossan Harbour Taskforce
The Ardrossan Task Force is coordinated by Transport Scotland and chaired by the Minister for Transport and the Islands.
The remit of the group is to ensure improvement of the operational effectiveness of the Ardrossan facility in supporting the lifeline ferry services and the new vessel on the Arran route. Issues will be identified and progress reviewed including -
- works required to make the harbour operationally effective
- continuity of integrated services during period(s) of works
- possible ownership/lease and funding options
- the entry into service of the new vessel
Whilst the primary focus of the Task Force will be on the above matters, the Task Force may also explore the options for improvement of the harbour and in so doing recognise the opportunity for wider economic impact. These wider improvements could include (but not exclusively) the location of the berth of vessels, new / redeveloped passenger facilities and commercial / industrial development in the wider harbour area.
Arran ferry study report
The report by Peter Brett Associates looking into the options for the mainland port for the Arran/ Kintyre ferry service has been sent to interested parties. They have been invited to provide any further relevant information before the final decision is made.
- Read a redacted copy of the Arran ferry study report, with commercially sensitive information removed
- Read the Arran ferry study report news release
Decision on mainland port following study
The decision on the mainland port for the Arran/Kintyre ferry service was notified to parties on 12 April.
- Letter to Associated British Ports
- Letter to North Ayrshire Council and Peel Ports
- Final report by Peter Brett Associates (redacted for commercial confidentiality)
- PBA supplementary report
- Read the mainland port decision news release
The membership of the group will consist of representatives from:
- North Ayrshire Council
- Peel Ports - Clydeport
- Transport Scotland
- Caledonian Maritime Assets (CMAL)