Terms of Reference and Remit of Task Force – February 2023:
SG and OIC will work jointly on proposals to support OIC’s consideration of options for the long term renewal of the Orkney internal ferry fleet. Considering potential funding models and sources available, considering the business cases for replacement and utilising the technical expertise required to reach conclusions by September 2023 to inform the 2024-25 budget discussions initially.
Officials from Scottish Government and Orkney Islands Council will meet at least monthly to progress actions, with Ministers and Councillors joining periodically. Transport Scotland will provide the Secretariat function and will set up meetings, provide liaison between OIC Councillors and Scottish Ministers, prepare and circulate minutes and papers, including those prepared by other members of the Task Force, and ensure actions are being progressed in a timeously manner.
Attending all meetings
- Roddy Macdonald - TS, Director of Ferries
- TS Ferries, Head of Operational Policy
- TS Ferries, Policy Manager and Policy Officer (Secretariat)
- SG Finance Official - TBC
- OIC Finance Official – TBC
- Gareth Waterson – OIC, Director of Enterprise and Sustainable Regeneration
- Shona Robison MSP, DFM and Cabinet Secretary f;or Finance
- Fiona Hyslop MSP, Minister for Transport
- Cllr James Stockan, OIC Leader
- Cllr Heather Woodbridge, OIC Depute Leader
- Oliver Reid, OIC CEO