- Oi Hang Chu (OHC) Transport Scotland
- Julie Watson (JW) Transport Scotland
- Mark Henderson (MH) Transport Scotland
- Allan Anderson (AA) Transport Scotland
- Katie Sutton (KS) Transport Scotland
- Hilary Cameron (HC) Transport Scotland
- Calum McKeown (CMcK) Transport Scotland
- Nicola Dawson (ND) ScotRail
- Sam Price (SAP) ScotRail
- David Simpson (DS) ScotRail
- Scott Prentice (SP) ScotRail
1) Welcome and Introductions
AA introduced the meeting and thanked SR colleagues for the reporting pack. This was followed by a presentation from DS which provided an overview of operational performance including the driver training position and how this has been impacted due to COVID-19. DS also covered Performance Variation, Fleet Readiness and the impact of the recent announcement regarding tourism on services.
2) Minutes of last meeting - 28 May 2020
Minutes from last meeting all agreed and taken as read by both TS/SR.
3) Deep Dive Presentation
DS noted that there would be challenges in delivering the December 20 timetable due to driver training being stopped and this is currently the biggest operational risk.
TS queried whether ASR had concerns about infrastructure performance as we begin to introduce more trains to the network again. DS responded by saying that ScotRail has regular forums with their Alliance partners in Network rail to discuss asset performance and reliability and Network Rail has set up its own Rail Recovery sub-group to examine infrastructure performance and maintenance programme
TS asked about stakeholder reaction during engagement. DS responded that on the whole this has been positive and they have been praised for their communications. Wide ranging engagement planned as we approach the next TT uplift including MSPs, RTPs, Transport Focus and Trade Unions.
4) Actions from last meeting - 28 May 2020
All actions reviewed and agreed.
5) Review of EMA Reporting Pack
AA noted the TS team has reviewed the pack and have questions for ASR on specific areas of the pack. Rather than go through them individually he would arrange to send the questions on to ASR along with evidence required.
6) Committed Obligations Review
Meetings setup with SR leads to give update on progress and agree the detail of reduced scope/delay.
Benchmarks going forward – noted current benchmarks need to be reviewed due to changes long-term.
7) Franchise Performance Report - Any Matters Arising
No comments noted from TS.
8) Hot Topics
SR to provide informative presentations about different business areas going forward.
No comments noted from TS/SR.
AA thanked everyone for their contribution at the meeting.
Date of next meeting: 23 July 2020