1. Transport Statistics Users' Group
The Transport Statistics Users' Group (TSUG) was set up in 1985 as a result of an initiative by the Statistics Users Council and The Institute of Logistics and Transport (then known as The Chartered Institute of Transport). From its inception, TSUG has had strong links with government departments responsible for transport statistics.
The aims of TSUG are:
- to identify problems in the provision and understanding of transport statistics, and to discuss solutions with the responsible authorities;
- to provide a forum for the exchange of views and information between users and providers;
- to encourage the proper use of statistics through publicity and education.
The main activities of TSUG are:
- The production of a Newsletter containing reviews of recently published transport statistics, which is sent to members about four times per year.
- The organisation of Seminars addressing contemporary issues in the field of transport statistics. Most seminars are held in London, but there is an annual seminar in Edinburgh and other ad hoc regional seminars. Reports of seminars appear in the Newsletter.
- The production of the Transport Yearbook, an easy-to-use but comprehensive reference guide to major UK transport organisations, sources of transport statistics and other important UK and international contacts. A copy of the Yearbook is sent tall members.
The membership of TSUG includes government agencies, local authorities, trade associations, transport consultants, transport operators and universities, as well as individual professionals. Corporate membership of the Group is £50, personal membership £22.50, and student membership £10. For further information about TSUG and membership, please visit the website at www.tsug.org.uk or contact:
TSUG Membership Secretary
C/o Strategy and Service Development
London Underground Ltd.
Transport for London
Room 494 (4th Floor)
London SW1H 0BD
Tel: 020 7027 8340
Fax: 020 7918 4580
TSUG Representative for Scotland
Dr Jock Robertson
Tel: 01529 497354
Mobile: 07712 750658
A National Statistics Publication for Scotland
The United Kingdom Statistics Authority has designated these statistics as National Statistics, in accordance with the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 and signifying compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
Designation can be broadly interpreted to mean that the statistics:
- meet identified user needs;
- are well explained and readily accessible;
- are produced according to sound methods, and
- are managed impartially and objectively in the public interest.
Once statistics have been designated as National Statistics it is a statutory requirement that the Code of Practice shall continue to be observed.
Further information about Official and National Statistics can be found on the UK Statistics Authority website at www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk