The Scottish Ministers hereby give notice that they propose to make the above Order under section 84(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 which will have the effect of applying the following speed limits:
- a 40 mph limit to:
- that length of the A96 Aberdeen - Inverness Trunk Road from a point 348 metres or thereby east of its junction with the C89C to a point 325 metres or thereby west of the centre of the roundabout forming a junction with Sclattie Park and Bankhead Avenue, a distance of 2.034 kilometres or thereby; and
- that length of the A96 Aberdeen – Inverness Trunk Road off slip leading to the “A96 Park and Choose” from the point where it diverges from the main carriageway, northwards for a distance of 70 metres or thereby.
- a 50mph limit to that length of the A96 Aberdeen - Inverness Trunk Road from a point 132 metres or thereby west of its junction with the C89C to a point 348 metres or thereby east of its junction with the C89C, a distance of 480 metres or thereby.
Full details of the proposal are contained in the Order which, together with a plan showing the lengths of road involved, and a statement of the Scottish Ministers’ reasons for proposing to make the Order, may be examined free of charge during normal business hours from 30 December 2016 until 3 February 2017 at the offices of:
- Transport Scotland, Buchanan House, 58 Port Dundas Road, Glasgow, G4 0HF
- Bucksburn Library, Kepplehills Road, Bucksburn, AB21 9DG
- Aberdeen City Council Headquarters, Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB.
Any person wishing to object to the proposed Order should send details of the grounds for objection in writing to the Director of Major Transport Infrastructure Projects, c/o Chris Carroll, Transport Scotland, Buchanan House, 58 Port Dundas Road, Glasgow, G4 0HF quoting reference NE/A96/CC by 3 February 2017.
A member of the staff of the Scottish Ministers
58 Port Dundas Road
Glasgow G4 0HF