About the task force
The Ardrossan Task Force is coordinated by Transport Scotland and chaired by the Minister for Energy, Connectivity and the Islands.
The remit of the group is to improve the operational effectiveness of Ardrossan Harbour in supporting the lifeline ferry services and the new vessel on the Arran route. Issues will be identified and progress reviewed including:
- works required to make the harbour operationally effective
- continuity of integrated services during period(s) of works
- possible ownership/lease and funding options
- the entry into service of the new vessel
While the primary focus of the task force will be on the above matters, they may also explore other options for improvement of the harbour and opportunities for wider economic impact. These wider improvements could include (but not exclusively):
- the location of the berth of vessels
- new and redeveloped passenger facilities, and
- commercial and industrial development in the wider harbour area
More information on the project is available on the North Ayrshire Council website.
The project is currently in the planning and design stage which includes progressing the design for both marine and landside, as well as tendering, procurement, contractor appointment and operational readiness/service continuity planning.
The individual workstreams are:
- Marine and landside
- Contractual framework and funding
- Service continuity and operational readiness
The taskforce will consult with the general public and the island communities in Spring 2020 and throughout the rest of the year.
Read updates on the progress of the Ardrossan Harbour:
The members of the taskforce are:
- North Ayrshire Council
- Peel Ports - Clydeport
- Transport Scotland
- Caledonian Maritime Assets (CMAL)
- Arran Ferry Committee
- Kenneth Gibson MSP
Peel Ports Group Ltd are responsible for the management and delivery of the marine and landside infrastructure. They have appointed a team of consultants to assist with the project delivery.
Please send any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other helpful contacts: