Transport (Scotland) Act
The Transport (Scotland) Act was designed to help make Scotland’s transport network cleaner, smarter and more accessible than ever before - aiming to empower local authorities and establish consistent standards in order to tackle current and future challenges, while delivering a more responsive and sustainable transport system for everyone in Scotland.
The Act took forward a number of Scottish Government commitments from its 2017-18 Programme for Government.
The Act received Royal Assent on 15 November 2019. View the Transport (Scotland) Act 2019.
The Transport Bill reflected a period of significant public consultation and engagement and brought together a series of measures to improve different aspects of Scottish transport.
Select a topic to learn more about the approach to:
- Bus Services
- Low emission zones
- Road Works
- Smart Ticketing
- Regional Transport Partnerships
- Scottish Canals Board
- Workplace Parking Levy
- EQIA - Results - August 2018 - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Partial - August 2018 - Bus - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Partial - August 2018 - Air LEZs - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Final - August 2018 - Pavement and Double Parking - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Final - August 2018 - Road Works - Transport Bill