Transport (Scotland) Act 2019
Transport (Scotland) Act
The Transport (Scotland) Act was designed to help make Scotland’s transport network cleaner, smarter and more accessible than ever before - aiming to empower local authorities and establish consistent standards in order to tackle current and future challenges, while delivering a more responsive and sustainable transport system for everyone in Scotland.
The Act took forward a number of Scottish Government commitments from its 2017-18 Programme for Government.
The Scottish Parliament voted to pass the Transport (Scotland) Bill on 10 October 2019.
The Act received Royal Assent on 15 November 2019. View the Transport (Scotland) Act 2019.
The Transport Bill reflected a period of significant public consultation and engagement and brought together a series of measures to improve different aspects of Scottish transport.
Select a topic to learn more about the approach to:
- EQIA - Results - August 2018 - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Partial - August 2018 - Bus - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Partial - August 2018 - Air LEZs - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Final - August 2018 - Pavement and Double Parking - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Final - August 2018 - Road Works - Transport Bill