Transport (Scotland) Bill
The Transport (Scotland) Bill is designed to help make Scotland’s transport network cleaner, smarter and more accessible than ever before. It aims to empower local authorities and establish consistent standards in order to tackle current and future challenges, while delivering a more responsive and sustainable transport system for everyone in Scotland.
The Bill takes forward a number of Scottish Government commitments from its 2017-18 Programme for Government.
The Transport Bill reflects a period of significant public consultation and engagement and brings together a series of measures to improve different aspects of Scottish transport.
Select a topic to learn more about the approach to:
- Bus Services
- Low emission zones
- Road Works
- Smart Ticketing
- Regional Transport Partnerships
- Scottish Canals Board
Call for evidence
The Rural Economy and Connectivity Committee has launched a survey and call for views on the Scottish Parliament website with a deadline of Friday 28 September 2018.
Humza Yousaf announces the Bill
- EQIA - Results - August 2018 - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Partial - August 2018 - Bus - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Partial - August 2018 - Air LEZs - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Final - August 2018 - Smart Ticketing - Transport Bill
- BRIA - Final - August 2018 - Pavement and Double Parking - Transport Bill