The Scottish Green Bus Fund has been replaced by the Scottish Ultra-Low Emission Scheme. No Scheme will be running in 2019-20.
On 28 May 2018, Transport Scotland announced £1.7m funding for a eighth Scottish Green Bus Fund.
This round is now closed. You can read about the awards, or see more information on the fund below.
The aim of the fund is to further support the wider roll out of Low Emission Buses (LEBs) across Scotland and builds on the success of previous rounds of the Scottish Green Bus Fund.
Bids can be made to the Scottish Green Bus Fund 8 for a grant to help buy new Low Emission Buses – both double decker and single decker buses, including midibuses (but not minibuses).
- The Scottish Green Bus Fund 8 will operate as a Challenge Fund with a fixed budget of around £1.7 million in the financial year 2018-2019
- Grants will be offered to successful bidders for up to 80% of the price differential between a LCV and its diesel equivalent
- Applicants must be mindful of the bidding guide instructions when applying
Who Can Apply?
Bids are invited from:
- Bus Operators (including Community transport operators)
- Local Authorities (LAs)
- Regional Transport Partnerships (RTPs)
- Companies leasing/renting LCVs to the above bodies in Scotland.
Process – Key Dates
- Bidders will have until 15 July 2018 to put together bids with bus manufacturers
- The Bidding Document details how the fund will operate and should be read carefully before submitting a bid
- Bus Operators and Companies leasing/renting LCVs should use the Bidding Proforma to make their bid
- Local authorities and Regional Transport Partnerships should use this Bidding Proforma to make their bid
- Guidance for Bus Manufacturers is available see Certification of Dedicated Gas Buses as Low Carbon Vehicles
- Successful applicants will be announced in by the end of September 2018
- Successful bidders will be required to place ALL orders with bus manufacturers no later than mid November 2018. Grant will only be paid on bus manufacturers’ confirmation of orders placed by this date
- We suggest LAs and RTPs consider initiating any tendering exercises for proposed vehicles at the same time as preparing their bid. They will then be best placed to proceed should their bid be successful.
Register of Interest
In order to gauge the level of interest in the Scottish Green Bus Fund 8, it would be helpful if those interested in making a bid register their interest by providing the Company/Local Authority/RTP name, number of buses intending to bid for and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any enquiries about the scheme should be emailed to Scottish_Green_Bus_Fund@transport.gov.scot or by telephone to 0131 244 0866 or 7760.
The aim of the Scottish Green Bus Fund is to help support and hasten the introduction of new low carbon buses across Scotland.
Support from the Fund, through 7 rounds of the Scottish Green Bus Fund, has helped secure purchase of 347 new low carbon emission buses.