Call for funding bids
The Road Safety Framework Fund is designed to help ensure the delivery of the commitments in Scotland’s Road Safety Framework to 2020, which seeks to steadily reduce the numbers of people killed and seriously injured on our roads.
The fund aims to find innovative ideas to tackle the priority areas of:
- Speed - increasing the proportion of vehicles travelling at appropriate speeds on Scotland’s roads to support reducing road casualty numbers
- Motorcyclists – improve safety for motorcyclists by reducing the number suffering injury accidents
- Age - including pre-drivers of school age, the 17 - 25 age group, and older drivers
- Vulnerable road users - such as cyclists and pedestrians
There is no minimum or maximum amount organisations can apply for. All projects and activities will be considered on a case by case basis, with those being deemed the most beneficial to the road safety framework ranked the highest.
Funding is subject to the 2019/20 road safety framework funds being made available.
The call for Framework funding applications goes live on 15 June with a closing date of Thursday 26 September 2019 at midnight.
The road safety framework fund is open to all road safety partners and organisations (both public and professional associations), registered charities and university departments across Scotland. Private commercial enterprise, Community Interest Companies and not for profit businesses will be considered for funding providing that it can deomstrate that the schemes or initiatives proposed are for charitable activity and for the public benefit and meet the road safety evaluation fund criteria.
The criteria for a successful application are as follows:
- evidence how your project contributes directly to the road safety outcomes and commitments in Annex A&B
- the project must have defined aims and objectives
- provide a clear description on how the project will deliver aims and objectives
- evidence partnership working
- demonstrate innovation
- demonstrate Sustainability post Transport Scotland funding
- match fund to a minimum of 50% of the total cost of the project (there is room for negotiation if the proposed project is deemed of significant value to the Framework’s outcomes)
- be independently evaluated to determine if the aims/objectives have been achieved
- be for a funding period of 12 months.
(please note :all projects will be considered on a case by case basis to determine suitability)
Funding will not be issued where:
- the application is deemed to advertise or promote a product for financial gain
- the application is deemed to be focused on exploitable *intellectual property (IP) and the public benefit is not clear
- applications are of a party political nature or likely to be in breach of laws relating to equality and opportunity
- the application is deemed to be part of everyday organisational duties
- match funding with other Transport Scotland and/or Scottish Government funding streams is not permitted
Funding will be awarded made on the overall strength of the proposal in relation to these criteria. Applicants should, therefore, consider carefully and demonstrate clearly.
How to apply
Download the Road Safety Framework Fund application form below.
For further information contact the Road Safety Policy Team on 0131 244 6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fully completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.