To continue to make an impact, the way road safety is delivered requires a significant shift and it is important that everyone plays their part within every aspect of road safety delivery. That is where the Road Safety Framework Fund comes in.
The Road Safety Framework Fund is designed to promote and encourage further partnership working to help ensure the delivery of the framework, which seeks to steadily reduce the numbers of people killed and seriously injured on our roads.
Call for funding bids
There is no minimum or maximum amount organisations can apply for. All projects and activities will be considered on a case by case basis, with those being deemed the most beneficial to the road safety framework ranked the highest.
The call for Framework funding applications is now live with a closing date of 14 February 2022 at midnight.
This funding round, we are looking for applications which will directly contribute to the Safe Road Use pillar of the Safe System.
Examples topics for Safe Road Use are:
- Young Drivers
- Older Drivers
- Driving for Work
- Seat Belt Use
All pillars of the Safe System interlink, and all applications will be considered and measured against the delivery of Scotland’s Road Safety Framework 2030.
The road safety framework fund is open to all road safety partners and organisations (both public and professional associations), registered charities and university departments across Scotland. Private commercial enterprise, Community Interest Companies and not for profit businesses will be considered for funding providing that it can demonstrate that the schemes or initiatives proposed are for charitable activity and for the public benefit and meet the road safety framework fund criteria.
The criteria for a successful application are as follows:
- Evidence how your project contributes directly to the Road Safety Framework and/or the Safe System.
- The project must have defined aims and objectives.
- Evidence partnership working.
- Demonstrate Sustainability post Transport Scotland funding.
- Match funding of 50% of the total cost of the project is generally requested. However there is room for negotiation if the proposed project is deemed of significant value.
- Be independently evaluated.
Please note: Funding is paid quarterly over a 12 month period on receipt of progress reports.
Funding will not be issued where:
- The application is deemed to advertise or promote a product for financial gain.
- Applications are of a party political nature or likely to be in breach of laws relating to equality and opportunity.
- The application is deemed to be part of everyday organisational duties.
- The application is already match funded with other Transport Scotland and/or Scottish Government funding streams.
Funding will be awarded made on the overall strength of the proposal in relation to these criteria. Applicants should, therefore, consider carefully and demonstrate clearly.
How to apply
Download the Road Safety Framework Fund application form
Fully complete applications or queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.